Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Continuum of teacher professional development from pre- to in-service teacher education
- Education policy making and advocacy
- Implementation of policy and programmes
- Quality frameworks and assessment of teachers and teacher educators, and teacher education institutions
Nimrat is part of the School of Continuing Education and University Resource Centre, Azim Premji University and also contributes to the Field Research and Publications teams. Her doctoral degree is from Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi.
Nimrat has contributed to the development and validation of individual and institutional quality frameworks based on secondary research and field engagement. These frameworks have been used in various academic and field engagements across states.
Nimrat has designed and transacted professional development programmes for faculty of DIET, SCERT, IASE and CTE of various states, members of NGOs and education functionaries. She has also been part of curriculum and material development for pre-service teacher education programmes.
Nimrat has been supporting the work of the Foundation related to education policy. She has contributed to the dissemination and review of policy, and supported policy related initiatives taken up by states and central bodies. She has been contributing as a member of committees and working groups set up by apex bodies.
Before joining the Azim Premji Foundation in July 2011, Nimrat has worked as a teacher educator at the Amity University Uttar Pradesh, a researcher in Physics at the National Physical Laboratory, Delhi, an instructional designer with NIIT, Delhi, and an editor of academic texts, reports and professional journals with Byword Editorial Consultants, Delhi. She has also contributed articles of general interest to the Tribune and the Indian Express, Chandigarh.
Nimrat was the recipient of a Junior Research Fellowship from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and the Prof SC Shukla Memorial Scholarship from Jamia Millia Islamia. She was also an Associate of the Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata.
A course to revisit perspectives and concepts on science teaching and science learning in discussion with other teachers.
- Khandpur, N., Rishikesh, B.S. (2021, September 18). As children come back to school, they will need both time and patience. Indian Express. https://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/as-children-come-back-to-school-they-will-need-both-time-and-patience-coronavirus-7514048/
- Khandpur, N. (2021, September 28). What do teachers need to address learning loss? Deccan Herald. https://www.deccanherald.com/supplements/dh-education/what-do-teachers-need-to-address-learning-loss-1034930.html
- Chomal, A., Kaur, N. (2021, January 7). Contract teacher system must end. Deccan Herald. https://www.deccanherald.com/opinion/in-perspective/contract-teacher-system-must-end-935644.html
- Kaur, N. (2020, August 19). A cohesive vision for education. Hindustan Times. (Print version).
- Khandpur, N. (2020). Prarambhik shikshak shiksha mein prabhaavi shikshan abhyaas, in Adhyapak, adhyapan aur adhyapak shiksha. In: Hriday Kant Dewan, Shivani Nag, Manoj Kumar, Manish Jain (Eds). Adhyapak, ahyapan aur adhyapak shiksha: nitiyan, behsein aur anubhav. New Delhi: Vani Prakashan & Bengaluru: Azim Premji University
- Khandpur, N.K. (2019). School Leadership in the Changing Context of School Education. Voices of Teachers and Teacher Educators, VIII(II), pp. 83 – 87. https://ncert.nic.in/pdf/publication/journalsandperiodicals/vtte/vtte_dec2019.pdf
- Khandpur, N. (2019, September 5). Need to attract the best to teach our children, The Hindu. https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/need-to-attract-the-best-to-teach-our-children/article29335837.ece
- Kaur, N. (2019). Draft National Education Policy 2019. An Overview. Voices of Teachers and Teacher Educators, VIII(I), pp. 90 – 101. https://ncert.nic.in/pdf/publication/journalsandperiodicals/vtte/vtte_July_2019.pdf
- Khandpur, N.K.D. (2019). Vocational Education: Relevance and Reality. Voices of Teachers and Teacher Educators, VII(II), pp. 13 – 21. https://ncert.nic.in/pdf/publication/journalsandperiodicals/vtte/vtte_feb_2019.pdf
- Khandpur, N.K.D. (2018). Operationalising the quality of teacher education institutes: Principles and challenges. Voices of Teachers and Teacher Educators, VII( I), pp. 1 – 9, https://ncert.nic.in/pdf/publication/journalsandperiodicals/vtte/vtte_aug_2018.pdf
- Husain, A., Khandpur, N. (2015). Use of social networking in teacher education in India, The International Journal of Technologies in Education, 21( 3 – 4), pp. 13 – 21
- Khandpur, N.K.D. (2009). Experience with Blogging in a Teacher Education Institute. In: E. Kannadi (Ed). Technology-Mediated Learning for Professional Development of Personnel at Elementary Education Level. Delhi: DEP-SSA, IGNOU, 2009, pp. 41 – 47