Areas of Interest & Expertise
Nature of learning in the Digitally Mediated Environment, Teaching and Learning Materials, New Media, Digital Learning Resources, Appropriate Technologies, Maker Centred Education, DIY Toys, Free and Open Source Technologies, Social Entrepreneurship
Mujahid is a part of the Information Communication & Technology team.
He is an Edtech Specialist and works on the crossroad of technology, media and education with a special emphasis on the digital ways of learning. His expertise lies in ideating, developing and implementing appropriate, simple and cost effective digital solutions (platform, tools and content) in the field of Education and Development. He works with multiple teams, faculties and students on Online Courses, Teachers Portal, Student Support, Learning Resources, Practice Connect etc.
- “Evolving Digitally Mediated Learning Spaces of a Constructionist kind”, Future of Learning Conference, 2020, IIM Bangalore
- “Pedagogical Insights in Making Toys from Easily Available Materials”, International Conference on Multidisciplinary Approaches to Nurturing Children and Youth, Christ University, Bangalore
- Islam Mujahidul and Yerushalmy Michal, “Mobile Gurukul: Turning the Risk (of Not Knowing) to be an Intellectual Springboard”, T4E, 2011 IEEE International Conference on Technology for Education, 2011
- Islam Mujahidul and Ganesan Radha, “Technology as an Enabler in Teacher Professional Development?”, Manthan Annual Research Conference, 2012, Azim Premji University, Bangalore
- Islam Mujahidul and Wilfred Juny, “Usability Study of the Teachers Portal”, Manthan Annual Research Conference, 2013, Azim Premji University, Bangalore
- Islam Mujahidul, “Low cost ICT devices: Success factors for its efficacy in improving school education”, Kerala Education Congress, Nov 2013, University of Kerala, Trivandrum