Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Molecular Biology
- Genetic Diversity
- Yoga Sciences
- Meditation and Spiritual Learning
Madhuranjana has a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree in Biosciences from Central University of Punjab and a Master of Science (MSc) in Biotechnology from Central University of South Bihar. She has a Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours in Botany from Patna Women’s College, Patna University.
Madhuranjana has five years of diverse research experience in antibiotic resistance, genetic diversity, bacteriology, entomology, environmental and molecular biology. Her experience involves multiple roles as Technical Officer (Forestry), Junior and Senior Research Fellow.
She has trained multiple batches of Postgraduate and Undergraduate students on basic molecular biology techniques. Prior to joining the University, she briefly worked as a Student Success Specialist-Student Experience at Byju’s Think and Learn Private Limited, where she mentored students and helped them to get a better student experience.
She is a certified Yoga Siromani, and Pre and Post-Natal Yoga teacher and is interested in studying its significance in mental and physical health.
She also enjoys gardening, drawing, dancing, and listening to music.
- Paul, S. S., Rama Rao, S. V., Hegde, N., Williams, N. J., Chatterjee, R. N., Raju, M. V. L. N., Narasimha Raju, N.V.R., Reddy, G.N., Kumar, V., Kumar, P.S.P. Mallick, S. & Gargi, M. (2022). Effects of dietary antimicrobial growth promoters on performance parameters and abundance and diversity of broiler chicken gut microbiome and selection of antibiotic resistance genes. Frontiers in Microbiology, 13. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmicb.2022.905050/full
- Annamanedi, M., Sheela, P., Sundareshan, S., Isloor, S., Gupta, P., Jasmeen, P., Gargi, M., Mallick, S., & Hegde, N. R. (2021). Molecular fingerprinting of bovine mastitis-associated Staphylococcus aureus isolates from India. Scientific Reports, 11(1), 1 – 15. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021 – 94760‑x
- Kandasamy, T., Kumari, K., Ghosh, J., Tribhuvan, K. U., Lohot, V. D., Gargi, M., & Ghosal, S. (2020). EST-SSRs reveal genetic distinction between lac and grain-yielding genotypes of pigeonpea. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 29, 461 – 472. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13562-020 – 00558‑9
- Anand, S. S., Thakur, S., Gargi, M., Choudhary, S., & Bhardwaj, P. (2017). Development and characterization of genomic microsatellite markers in Prosopis cineraria. Current Plant Biology, 9, 37 – 42. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214662816300792
- Gargi, M., Thakur, S., Anand, S. S., Choudhary, S., & Bhardwaj, P. (2017). Development and characterization of genomic microsatellite markers in Tinospora cordifolia. Journal of Genetics, 96, 25 – 30. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12041-017‑0777‑8
- Gargi, M., Prasad, J.P. (2010). Physico-chemical analysis of unprotected water. Explore, 2(2), 65 – 70.
- Thamilarasi, K., Ekbal, S., Gargi, M. (2019). Insect dyes (Keet varnak). Lachha.