Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Second Language Acquisition (SLA) Studies
- Reading Bourdieu
- Language Socialisation
- Exploring Multilingual Pedagogy
- Language Ethnographic Studies
- Materials Development
- Teacher Education Research
- Developing Academic Reading and Writing Skills
Jenie is a language educator and trainer, and a part of the Professional Development team of the University. She contributes as a facilitator for various training programmes. She supports the team with the production of module materials and engages in the Field and academic research at the University.
Jenie previously taught courses on methodology of English, research writing, and communicative English. She facilitates language teaching workshops, curriculum design, and develops materials.
She has completed her Master’s degree in English from the University of Delhi, and Master’s degree in Education from the English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad. She has submitted her doctoral thesis at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi wherein she did a classroom ethnographic research in a Delhi government school to understand the language teaching methodology, role of learners’ identity and knowledge construction in an ESL (English as a Second Language) classroom context.
Prior to joining Azim Premji University, she taught at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, as an English Language Instructor. She has also taught at the Department of Education, earlier known as CIE, University of Delhi, and Ambedkar University Delhi.
She enjoys reading, photography, writing, amateur painting, and sketching, and loves to collect sarees across India and artifacts from street bazaars.
- Alex, J.C. (2022). Learning culture of ESL context: A study of English language classroom. International Journal of All Research Education and Scientific Methods (IJARESM), 10(4), 2146 – 2148. http://www.ijaresm.com/uploaded_files/document_file/Jenie_Christbol_Alex,WY2R.pdf
- Alex, J.C. (Forthcoming). Exploring ESL classroom habitus: A study of pedagogic agency in the classroom context.