Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Developmental Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities
- Language and Literacy
- Emergent Literacy
- Various Writing Systems
Bhuvaneswari completed her MSc in Speech Language Pathology from All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore and PhD from the Department of Studies in Psychology, University of Mysore. She has worked on Emergent Literacy for her doctoral thesis. Prior to joining the University in July 2021, Bhuvaneswari served as a Faculty at Dr. S R Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech and Hearing and was also part of an NGO named Resilient Minds Rehabilitation Trust.
- Bhuvaneswari, B. & Padakannaya, P. (2017). Development of a home literacy environment questionnaire for Tamil-speaking kindergarten children, Language Testing in Asia, 7(14). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40468-017‑0047‑y
- Bhuvaneswari, B. & Padakannaya, P. (2017). Environmental Print Awareness in English and Tamil in Indian Children, Language in India, 17(11): 35 – 59.
- Wali, A., Sproat, R., Padakannaya, P. & Bhuvaneswari, B. (2009). Model for Phonemic Awareness in Readers of Indian Script, Written Language & Literacy, 12(2), 161 – 169.
- Bhuvaneswari, B., & Padakannaya, P. (2013). Reading in Tamil: A more alphabetic and less syllabic akshara based orthography. In H.Winskel & P. Prakash (Eds.), South and South-East Asian Psycholinguistics. Cambridge University Press.
- Bhuvaneswari, B., Joseph, A & Rajkumar, S. (2020). Clinical intervention for children with special needs in classroom settings: The ELLIS model of inclusion. In N. K. Jangira, S. Limaye & S. Kapoor (Eds.), Practitioners’ Guide to Specific Learning Disabilities and Inclusive Education. Global Inclusive Education Network.
- Bhuvaneswari, B. & Sunny, S. (2023, 10 February). Supporting neurodiverse learners in universities. Education Times. https://www.educationtimes.com/article/campus-beat-college-life/97796866/supporting-neurodiverse-learners-in-universities