Areas of Interest & Expertise
Plant & Phytochemicals in Biopharmaceuticals and Agriculture, Fundamentals of Bioremediation
Beena is a faculty with the School of Arts and Sciences.
Prior to this, she had worked as Assistant Professor and Head of the Department of postgraduate biosciences program in one of the private colleges in Bangalore for 8 and a half years. Her main expertise is in the area of plant biotechnology for agricultural, industrial and plant conservation applications.
She has also worked on inducing stress tolerance in plants by using endophytic fungus at Gandhi Krishi Vidhya Kendra (GKVK), Bangalore, as a part of her Summer Research Fellowship Program sponsored by Indian Academy of Sciences.
Publications and Writings
- Beena DB and Rathore TS. In vitro cloning of Bambusa pallida Munro. through axillary shoot proliferation and evaluation of genetic fidelity by RAPD markers. International Journal of Plant Biology 2012, Volume:3, 27 – 33.
- Beena DB Rathore TS and Rao PS. Effects of carbohydrates on in vitro axillary shoot initiation and multiplication of Bambusa pallida Munro. International Journal of Phytology (2012)4(5):05 – 08.
- Sai Sandeep, Mamatha P, Divya and Beena DB. Evaluation of in vitro thrombolytic activity of phytochemicals in Bacopa monnieri Linn. Journal of Pharmacy Research 2012, 5(1), 100 – 101.
- Gaurav Kumar Singh,Beena DB and Ganesh Rindhe. Molecular characterization of Staphylococcus aureus — human pathogen from clinical samples by RAPD markers. International Journal of Microbiology and Applied Sciences (2014)3(2):349 – 354.
- Bhimi Ram, Rathore TS, Beena DB and Rajput DS. An efficient protocol for micropropagation and genetic stability analysis of Melia dubia Cav.- an important multipurpose tree. International Journal of Microbiology and Applied Sciences (2014)3(7):533 – 544.