We are happy to let you know that the Community Engagement Initiative, in collaboration with the Red Cross Society and Rotary Attibelle, Sarjapura, is organising a Blood Donation Camp at Azim Premji University.
We request everyone to take part in this noble initiative along with your friends as we are all quite aware of the fact that shortage of blood is resulting in tragic life losses every day.
To participate in this blood donation drive, kindly fill registration form.
The guidelines followed by Red Cross Society and Rotary Attibelle, Sarjapura are as follows:
- The donor has to read and sign the consent form given to them and proceed for a doctor’s check-up.
- The doctor’s team will check weight, BP and Haemoglobin.
- The donors will proceed to blood donation if approved by the Doctor.
- Refreshments will be provided after collection of blood.
- An appreciation certificate to the donor will also be provided.
- Expert doctors will be present to take care if anyone feels weak or sick after donating blood.
Do’s and Don’ts before and after donating blood are as follows:
- Consume nutritious food prior to the day of blood donation.
- Be well rested and hydrated.
- Avoid taking any toxic substances.
- Avoid taking Aspirin two days before donating blood.
- Wear a shirt with sleeves that you can roll up above your elbows.
- Relax, listen to music, talk to other donors or read while you donate.
- Relax for a few minutes in the refreshment and recovery area — have some cookies or other snacks — you’ve earned it!
- Tell your friends about your good deed.
- Drink a few extra liquids, after the donation.
- Don’t do any heavy lifting or vigorous exercise for the rest of the day.
- Call Dr. Shyamsundar- 9342322674, Indian Red Cross Society, to report any additional health information that you forgot to tell, if you have any problems or if you need medical care after giving blood.
We are also very well aware that even saying all of this might not be enough to answer your questions, so please read the additional documents attached below in order to dispel some myths and learn more about blood donation.
With our coordinated efforts, we can save lives. We request you to participate in this drive enthusiastically.