Azim Premji University, Bhopal started operations in August 2023, offering postgraduate and undergraduate programs. The first phase of campus construction is complete and the overall 50-acre campus with state-of-the-art academic and residential facilities will be ready over the next few years. We expect to grow to about 4000 students and 500 members over the next few years.
We are expanding our program offerings and are inviting applications for full time faculty positions. We will offer faculty an enriching and fulfilling institution building experience encompassing inter disciplinary program design, development, and research opportunities, setting up and implementation of key institutional processes, culture building and participation in various institutional bodies.
We invite applications from candidates with expertise and interest in the histories of South Asia.
The areas of specialization required are as under:
- Medieval-Early Modern history with expertise in textual analysis and research level skills in one or more languages relevant to the study of the period.
- Modern and contemporary periods with specialization in -
- Labour history
- Environmental history
- Museum studies and public histories with expertise in digital techniques and platforms.
- Relevant degree in History or in any other social science field with a focus on South Asian history.
- Research and teaching expertise in the histories of South Asia in the areas mentioned above.
- The ability and interest in teaching and mentoring a diverse body of students.
- Significant experience in teaching is an advantage, but not a necessity. Selected applicants will be mentored to develop their teaching.
Please email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line“Application for Faculty Position in History”:
- A short (one-two page note) explaining why you might wish to join the University
- Teaching and research statements
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, books or any other)
- Two letters of recommendation (optional) emailed directly to the email ID above
- Completed Information Summary Sheet