Student assessment in practice October 2020 Batch
This course aims to enable teachers, teacher educators and assessment practitioners plan effective assessment, conduct assessment with appropriate tools and techniques and use assessment results for improving teaching and learning.
This course will primarily target assessment of students’ learning levels with a primary focus on elementary level school education. You will develop a theoretical perspective on assessment together with a practical insight by working on several hands-on assignments and projects which will enable you to practice and apply the knowledge of concepts learnt throughout the course.
All applicants must have a few years of working experience in the area of education. You must possess a working knowledge of English.
Applicants will be shortlisted based on applications. The decision of the evaluation committee will be final.
1. You will understand the paradigm shifts in approaches of assessment from assessment of learning to assessment as learning.
2. You will design quality assessment using various tools and methods of assessment.
3. You will use assessment results to improve students’ learning and overall classroom processes.
1. Teachers teaching in government and private schools.
2. Teacher educators teaching in government, government aided and private teacher education institutions.
3. Practitioners working directly with teachers, teacher educators in non-profit, civil society, research and academic organisations.
This will be awarded to participants who complete 70% of the assignments and attends 80% of the interactive sessions.
Aanchal leads the Institute of Assessment and Accreditation(IAA) team, associated with the School of Continuing Education and University Resource centre(SCE-URC). Besides this, she leads Field Research Function at Azim Premji Foundation. She joined Azim Premji Foundation in 2006. In the last 15 years with the organization she has worked extensively across different states in India…
Anupama has been working in the space of educational assessments since the year 2016. She has been part of designing and implementing large scale qualitative assessment study on understanding teacher practices in public school system in India. She has worked extensively with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and the state of Sikkim on…
Shilpi is working in the University since 2017. She has a PhD in Educational Assessment from International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore. Prior to that, she attended Nagpur University for a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering and Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal for MTech in Digital Communication. Shilpi brings in an experience of…
|INR 3000||Tuition and course materials|
Fee waivers are available for early bird registration and teachers and teacher educators from government schools and institutions.
For any questions, please write to: