A world of possibilities awaits our graduates. They can explore varied opportunities in both employment and higher education. Whether in business, public services, teaching, or entrepreneurship, our graduates will benefit from an education that nurtures the fundamental capabilities along with deep disciplinary knowledge. We also foresee students continuing to pursue higher studies either at Azim Premji University or elsewhere.
Five batches have graduated with their first degrees in Biology, Physics, Economics, and Humanities (English, History, Philosophy). Some of them also pursued an honours degree through advanced research projects. Our graduates have taken up interesting avenues for their future career/academic paths as below:
Pursue Postgraduation or Integrated-Doctoral programmes in the disciplinary areas of biology, physics, economics, history, literature, etc. in institutes like
- National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS, Bengaluru),
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT),
- Indian Association for Cultivation of Science (IACS, Kolkata),
- Central Universities (India),
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR, Mumbai),
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (Netherlands),
- University of Glasgow (Scotland, UK),
- University of Warwick (UK).
Higher studies leading to a Postgraduate degree or Diploma in inter-disciplinary areas like development studies, development economics, social anthropology, public policy, law, education, media, journalism, conservation biology, neuroscience, biotechnology, genetics, environmental studies, science communication, wildlife science at
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS, Mumbai),
- Azim Premji University,
- Ambedkar University,
- Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON, Coimbatore),
- Centre for Human Genetics (CHG, Bengaluru),
- SOAS University of London,
- University of Göttingen (Germany),
- Centre for Research and Interdisciplinarity (CRI, Paris),
- University of Sheffield (England),
- Leiden University (the Netherlands),
- Wildlife Institute of India (Dehradun).
Work opportunities/fellowship programmes at
- Teach for India,
- Campus Associateship with Azim Premji Foundation,
- PRS Legislative Research (New Delhi),
- Indian Institute of Human Settlements (IIHS, Bengaluru),
- ASER (Pratham)
- India Philanthropy Initiative (IPI),
- International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR, Mumbai),
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA, Bengaluru),
- Nature Conservation Foundation (NCF, Mysore),
- Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE, Mumbai), and others.
Gunda Vamshi, BSc (Honours) in Biology (2016−19), Azim Premji University, shares his experience at the University.
“While doing the Undergraduate Programme in Physics, I got a chance to explore other areas as well. I picked up some humanities courses, which helped me get a broad picture of the society,” says Manaswi Shroti, BSc (Honours) in Physics (2016−19), Azim Premji University, working with the International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Bengaluru.
Abitha C graduated in 2018 with a degree in Biology. She is now with Azim Premji Foundation and associated with the School at Yadgir. Know about her learning experience at the University, how she got interested in research and also her work at the Foundation.