Applicants will have to appear for the National Entrance Test that will assess the English reading comprehension, reasoning ability, quantitative ability, and general social awareness. The test will be conducted in various cities across the country. You can look at a Sample Entrance Test over here to get an idea.
If you are shortlisted, you will have a personal interview. You will receive a confirmation email with the date and time of your interview.
The interviews are conducted online. The link to your interview will be sent to you via email.
Preparing for the Entrance Exam
Take a look at the structure of the test you have to take.
Entrance Test Structure
Part 1 (2 hours) (For MA Education, Development, Public Policy & Governance and LLM)
|Reading Comprehension||MAE, MAD, MPG and LLM||15||Multiple choice|
|General and Quantitative Reasoning Ability||MAE, MAD, MPG and LLM||15||Multiple choice|
|Social Awareness||MAE, MAD, MPG and LLM||10||Multiple choice|
|Writing Ability||MAE, MAD, and MPG||1 out of 3||Descriptive type|
|Writing Ability||LLM||1 out of 2||Legal essay|
Part 2 (45 min per subject) (Only for MA Education)
Subject test (Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Language and Early Childhood Education).
MA Economics Entrance Test Structure
|Part||Section||# of Questions||Question type||Time|
|1||Microeconomics||10||Multiple choice*||2 hours|
|Macroeconomics||10||Multiple choice*||2 hours|
|Quantitative economics||10||Multiple choice*||2 hours|
|Indian Economy & Political Economy||10||Multiple choice*||2 hours|
|2||Essay question||1||2 out of 2 questions to be writen||1 hour|
* Each multiple choice question carries one mark. Please note that there is negative marking. You get +1 for a correct answer, and ‑0.5 for a wrong answer. Unattempted questions get zero marks.
Click the below links for sample question papers for MA Economics
Click here to download MA Economics entrance guide.
These are some suggested articles and associated exercises that will help you prepare for your learning experience at the University.
- Baradwaj Rangan — Trying to cage a superstar
- Baradwaj Rangan — Trying to cage a superstar (Exercise)
- Paul Farmer — Suffering and Violence
- Paul Farmer — Suffering and Violence (Exercise)
- Nalini Juneja — Scale and Diversity
- Nalini Juneja — Scale and Diversity (Exercise)
- Cornel Hamm — Analysis of the concept of education
- Cornel Hamm — Analysis of the concept of education (Exercise)
- Havovi Wadia — Confining childhood in India
Have you decided what you would like to study at Azim Premji University? You can choose between the following degrees: