Areas of Interest & Expertise
Scientometrics, Open Access, Scholarly Communication, Open-Source Software, Open Educational Resources, Library Technologies
Madhan is a part of the Knowledge Resource Centre team.
He has a total work experience of eighteen years. He joins us from Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, Karnataka, where he was working as a visiting Scientist. He has also worked at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, Hyderabad as a Manager — Library and Information Services and at National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela and M S Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF), Chennai as an Assistant Librarian. He has a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu and a Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science from Gandhigram Rural Institute, Tamil Nadu. He has also completed his Bachelor’s degree in Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) from Bharathidasan University, Tamil Nadu.
Publications and Writings:
- Muthu Madhan, Subbiah Gunasekaran, Rani M T, Subbiah Arunachalam, T A Abinandanan, (2020) Chemistry research in India in a global perspective- A scientometrics profile, Preprint Arxiv.
- Muthu Madhan, Ricky Cheng, 2019, Directory of Open Educational Resources (DOER): A discovery service framework to provide structured access to OERs, Pan Commonwealth Forum 19, Edinburugh.
- Muthu Madhan, Subbiah Gunasekaran and Subbiah Arunachlam (2018), Evaluation of research: Are we doing it right in India? International Journal of Medical Ethics.
- Francis Jayakanth and Muthu Madhan (2017), Open Access for Engineers and Engineering, IEEE Newsletter.
- Subbiah Arunachalam and Muthu Madhan (2017), Chemistry research in India: Making progress, but not rapidly. Current Science 112 (7).
- Muthu Madhan, Siva Shankar Kimidi, Subbiah Gunasekaran and Subbiah Arunachalam (2017), Should Indian researchers pay to publish their papers? Current Science 112 (4).
- Subbiah Arunachalam and Muthu Madhan (2016), Adopting ORCID as a unique identifier will benefit all involved in scholarly communication, National Medical Journal of India, 29(4).
- Muthu Madhan and Subbiah Arunachalam (2011), Use made of open access journals by Indian researchers to publish their findings, Current Science, 100(9), P 1297 – 1306.
- Muthu Madhan, Chandrasekar, G and Subbiah Arunachalam (2010), Highly cited papers from India and China, Current Science, 99(6), P 738 – 749.
- Muthu Madhan (2015), Quantitative features of Indian School of Business (ISB) research output – A bibliometric analysis using Scopus. Report commissioned by Learning Resource Centre, ISB.
- Muthu Madhan (2014), A Global View of Open Access: A perspective on OA in India, Tony Hey on eScience Blog.
- Madhan, M and Siva Shankar, K (2013) Mapping world chickpea research published during 2001 – 2010. Project Report. International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, Patancheru, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
- Madhan, M and Siva Shankar, K (2013) Mapping world pearl millet research published during 2001 – 2010. Project Report. International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, Patancheru, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
- Subbiah Arunachalam and Muthu Madhan (2012), Open Access to scholarly literature in India – Report commissioned by Centre for Internet and Society (CIS), Bangalore.