Areas of Interest & Expertise
Climate Change Research, Regional Climate Modeling, , Monsoon Variability, Weather/Climate Extremes
Koteswararao Kundeti is a part of the Research Centre team.
Koteswararao has a PhD in Meteorology from the Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. Prior to joining us, he was working with Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune; Seoul National University, South Korea and Qatar Meteorology Department for 10 years. He has experience in various aspects of climate variability, climate change, regional climate modelling, extreme events and monsoon variability.
- K. Koteswara Rao, T.V. Lakshmi Kumar, Ashwini Kulkarni, Chang – Hoi Ho, B. Mahendranath, Srinivas Desamsetti, Savita Patwardhan, Appala Ramu Dandi, Humberto Barbosa, Sudhir Sabade (2020). Projections of heat stress and associated work performance over India in response to global warming. Nature Scientific Reports, 10:16675.
- K. Koteswara Rao, Ashwini Kulkarni, Savita Patwardhan, B. Vinod Kumar T.V. Lakshmi Kumar (2020). Future Changes in Precipitation extremes during North East monsoon over South Peninsular India. Theoretical and Applied Climatology.
- Manoj Kumar Thakur, TV Lakshmi Kumar, K.Koteswara Rao, Humberto Barbosa, and V.Brahmananda Rao (2019). A new perspective in understanding rainfall from satellites over a complex topographic region of India. Nature Scientific Reports, 9:15610.
- Jasti S. Chowdary, Kaiming Hu, G. Srinivas, Yu Kosaka, Lin Wang, K. Koteswara Rao (2019). The Eurasian Jet Streams as Conduits for East Asian Monsoon Variability. Current Climate Change Reports.
- Saurabh M. Kelkar, Ashwini Kulkarni, K. Koteswara Rao (2020). Impact of Climate Variability and Change on Crop Production in Maharashtra. Current Science, VOL. 118, NO. 8, 25.
- Thakur MK, Kumar TVL, Narayanan MS, Kundeti KR, Barbosa H (2020). Analytical study of the performance of the IMERG over the Indian landmass. Meteorol Appl, 27:e1908.
- M. Kumar Thakur, S. Desamsetti, A. Naga Rajesh, K. Koteswara Rao , M.S. Narayanan, T.V. Lakshmi Kumar (2020). Exploring the rainfall data from satellites to monitor rainfall induced landslides – A case study, Advances in Space Research.
- G. Purnadurga, T.V. Lakshmi Kumar, K. Koteswara Rao,Humberto Barbosa,R.K. Mall (2019). Evaluation of evapotranspiration estimates from observed and reanalysis data sets over Indian region. International Journal of Climatology.
- Dandi A. Ramu, Jasti S. Chowdary,Prasanth A. Pillai,Sradhara Sidhan N.S, K.Koteswararao, S.S.V.S. Ramakrishna (2019). Impact of El Niño Modoki on Indian summer monsoon rainfall: role of western north Pacific circulation in observations and CMIP5 models. International Journal of Climatology.
- T. V. Lakshmi Kumar, Humberto Barbosa, S. Madhu and K. Koteswara Rao (2019). Studies on Crop Yields and Their Extreme Value Analysis over India. Sustainability, 11, 4657.
- Poorna Dugra. G, T. V. Lakshmi Kumar, K. Koteswara Rao, Rajasekhar, M and Narayanan, M.S (2017). Investigation of temperature changes over India in association with meteorological parameters in a warming climate. International Journal of Climatology.
- S.K. Patwardhan, A. Kulkarni and K. Koteswara Rao (2016). Projected Changes in rainfall and temperature over homogeneous regions of India. Theoretical and Applied Climatology.
- Lakshmi Kumar, TV., Koteswara Rao, K., Uma, R., Humberto Barbosa., Patnaik. K.V.K.R.K., Emily Prabha Jyothi (2016). On the relation of vegetation and southwest monsoon rainfall over western ghats, India. Natural Hazards.
- Lakshmi Kumar, TV., Uma, R., Koteswara Rao, K., Humberto Barbosa., Patnaik (2016). Variability in MODIS NDVI and its relationship with southwest monsoon rainfall over Western Ghats, India. Journal of Environmental Informatics. JEI 27(1)2016, 52 – 61.
- K. Koteswara Rao, S.K. Patwardhan, Ashwini Kulkarni, K. Kamala, S.S. Sabade and K. Krishna Kumar (2014). Projected changes in mean and extreme precipitation indices over India using PRECIS. Global and Planetary Change, Vol-1l2, pp-77 – 90.
- T. V. Lakshmi Kumar, K. Koteswara Rao, Humberto Barbosa R. Uma (2014). Trends and extreme value analysis of rainfall pattern over homogeneous monsoon regions of India. Natural Hazards.
- Madhu,S., Lakshmi Kumar, TV., Barbosa, Humberto, Koteswara Rao. K and Vizayabhaskar, V (2014). Trend analysis of evapotranspiration and its response to droughts over India. Theoretical and Applied Climatology.
- T. V. Lakshmi Kumar, K. Koteswara Rao, R. Uma and K. Aruna (2014). The role of El Niño Southern Oscillation on the patterns of cycling rates observed over India during the Monsoon season. Journal of Water and Climate Change. Vol:05.4. 696 – 706.
- T. V. Lakshmi Kumar, K. Koteswara Rao, Humberto Barbosa and Emily Prabha Jothi (2013). Studies on spatial pattern of NDVI over India and its relationship with rainfall, air temperature, soil moisture adequacy and Enso.geofizika vol. 30, pp-73 – 90.
- K. Koteswararao, T.V. Lakshmi Kumar and V. Lakshmana Rao (2012). “Variability of Agro climatic régime over homogeneous monsoon regions of India — El Niño and La Niña events”. Global and Planetary Change, Vol — 92 – 93, pp-48 – 57.
- T.V. Lakshmi Kumar, Humberto Barbosa, K. Koteswara Rao & Emily Prabha Jothi (2012). Some studies on frequency of extreme weather events over India. J. Agr. Sci. Tech. Vol. 14: 1343 – 1356.
- K. Krishna Kumar, S.K. Patwardhan, A. Kulkarni, K. Kamala, K. Koteswara Rao and R. Jones (2011). Simulation and future projections of summer monsoon climate over India by a high-resolution regional climate model (PRECIS). Current Science, Vol-101, No‑3, 312 – 326.
- Sarma, A.A.L.N, Lakshmi Kumar, T.V and Koteswara Rao. K (2010). Extreme Value Analysis of Summer Monsoon Rainfall over Andhra Pradesh. Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics, Vol.39, February 2010, pp.32 – 38.
- Sarma, A.A.L.N, Lakshmi Kumar, T.V and Koteswararao. K (2008). Development of an agro climatic model for estimation of rice yield. The Journal of Indian Geophysical Union, 12(2), 89 – 96.
- Sarma, A.A.L.N, Lakshmi Kumar, T.V and Koteswararao. K (2007). Quantitative Analysis of Summer Monsoon Rainfall in Andhra Pradesh. Vatavaran, AFCA Journal of Meteorology, Vol.31, Issue 2, 1 – 9.
- Assessment of Climate Change over Indian Region: Lead author in Chapter 3: Precipitation changes in India, Chapter 7: Synoptic Scale Systems. A report of the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Government of India.
- IPCC REPORT 2013: Contributed author in Chapter14: Climate Phenomena and their Relevance for Future Regional Climate Change. Working group 1, Climate Change 2013: The Physical Science basis.
- India: Preparation of Third National Communication (TNC) and Other New Information to the UNFCCC. Component: Climate Change Impacts, Vulnerability and Adaptation for Third National Communication. Projected Changes in Weather and Climate Extremes over India. Ashwini Kulkarni, Savita Patwardhan, K Koteswara Rao, Vinodh Kumar Bhuri. Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune. (2019).
- The Observed Climate and Climate Change Projections, by K. Krishna Kumar , A. Kulkarni, S. K. Patwardhan, D. R. Kothawale, N. R. Deshpande, K. Kamala and Koteswara Rao, K, “Climate Change and India: A 4×4 Assessment – A Sectoral and Regional Analysis for 2030s” (INCCA Report), Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Govt. of India, New Delhi, November, 2010, 25 – 42.
- Development and Dissemination of High Resolution Climate Change Scenarios for India. K. Krishna Kumar, Ashwini Kulkarni, S.K Patwardhan, K. Kamala, Koteswara Rao, K. Final report for INDO-UK-II project, DEFRA-DECC, Govt. of India.
- Development of future climate change scenarios for India. K. Krishna Kumar, S.K Patwardhan, Ashwini Kulkarni, K. Kamala, Koteswara Rao, K. Final report for NATCOM- II, MOEF, Govt. of India.