Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Critical legal theory
- Politics of memory
- Law and violence
I have my BA, LLB (Hons) and LLM degrees in Law from the National Law University, Delhi. In the past, I have clerked at the Supreme Court of India, and taught constitutional law at the Tamil Nadu National Law University, Tiruchirappalli. Before joining Azim Premji University, I researched on comparative constitutional law at the Centre for Comparative Law, National Law University, Delhi.
Publications and Writings
- Gauba, K. (2021). Book Review: Madhav Khosla,‘India’s Founding Moment: The Constitution of a Most Surprising Democracy’ (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 2020). Public Law 27 – 30.
- Gauba, K. (2020) India that is Bharat: The Politics of a National Name. Economic and Political Weekly, 55 (28−29), 17 – 19. https://www.epw.in/journal/2020/28 – 29/commentary/india-bharat.html.
- Gauba, K. (2019). Book Review, Aparna Balachandran, Rashmi Pant and Bhavani Raman (eds.),‘Iterations of Law: Legal Histories from India,’ (New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2018,). Indian Law Review 3(3). https://doi.org/10.1080/24730580.2019.1694467.
- Gauba, K. (2019). Rethinking “Memory Laws” from a Comparative Perspective. In The Indian Yearbook of Comparative Law: 2018. pp. 233 – 249. (Springer) https://doi.org/10.1007/978 – 981-13 – 7052-6_10.
- Gauba, K. & Singh, A. (2017). Voter, Citizen, Enemy. Economic and Political Weekly, 52(23) 12 – 14. https://www.epw.in/journal/2017/23/commentary/voter-citizen-enemy.html.
- Gauba K (2016). Forgetting Partition: Constitutional Amnesia and Nationalism. Economic and Political Weekly, 51 (39) 41 – 47. https://www.epw.in/journal/2016/39/special-articles/forgetting-partition.html.