Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Techer efficacy for inclusive practices
- Single case research methods
- Statistical analysis of research data
- Inclusive education
- Differentiating instructions in inclusive classrooms
- Specific learning disability
- Curriculum development for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities
Ambady is faculty at School of Education at the University.
Prior to joining in Azim Premji University, he was working with Regional Institute of Education, Mysore. He completed his Ph.D in Special Education from School of Behavioural Sciences and submitted his thesis titled “Developing a Package for the Curriculum Adaptation for the Academic Achievement of Students with Intellectual Disability in Inclusive Education System” to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala for the award of degree in November 2020.
Ambady has been awarded with Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research fellowship by William J Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB), Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State for a period of nine months and on account of that he was working at School of Teacher Education, Florida State University, USA as a Fulbright Visiting Student Researcher during the academic session 2018 – 2019. His discipline of Research is in Special Education focusing on Inclusion of Students with Intellectual Disabilities. His research plan is to develop innovative methods and strategies that help in promoting the inclusion of the students with special education needs in inclusive education system which will be breakthrough in the mainstreaming of individuals with exceptional needs in the society.
In addition to mastery in the field of education of students with intellectual disability, he is also having expertise in Single Case Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis of research data. He has published several papers in highly reputed international journals and did presentations in national and international conferences.
Publications and Writings
- Ambady, K. G., Govindhan, S., Root, J. R., & Sukumaran, P. S. (2021). Teacher and Parent Perceptions of Comprehensive Sexuality Education for Individuals with Intellectual Disability in India. Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities ‑Willey Journal. (Under Review)
- Ambady, K. G., Root, J. R., & Sukumaran, P. S. (2021). Prospective Teachers perception on Teacher Efficacy for Including Students with Special Needs in their Classroom. Teachers and Teaching – Taylor & Francis Journal (Under Review).
- Ambady, K. G., Root, J. R., Sherly Mathew, & Sukumaran, P. S. (2021). Teachers’ Perspectives on Differentiating Instructions for Students with Intellectual Disability in Inclusive Classroom. European Journal of Education – Wiley Journal. (Under Review).
- Ambady, K. G. Sherly, M. & Sukumaran, P. S. (2020). Accommodation as a means of differentiating instructions for students with intellectual disability in inclusive classrooms: Classroom teacher’s views. Strad Research, 7 (6), 423 – 434.
- Tijo Thomas, Neveli Singh & Ambady, K. G. (2020). Effect of Ethnocentrism and Attitude towards foreign brands in purchase decision. Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective, Online, 1 – 10.
- Dinoop, K., Ambady, K. G. & Girish Kumar, R. (2020). Impact of indigenisation policy on Saudi Arabia economy with special reference to NITAQAT: Trend analysis. Journal of Xidian University, 14 (6), 1542 – 1549.
- Dinoop, K., & Ambady, K. G. (2020). Impact of NITAQAT on migrant labour – A study of Saudi returnees of Kerala. Strad Research, 7 (6), 415 – 421.
- Joice K. Joseph; K. G. Ambady; Karunakaran Akhil Dev; Edbert B. Hsu; A. P. Pradeepkumar. (2020). Pilgrim Satisfaction in a Mass Religious Gathering: Study from Sabarimala Destination, Kerala State of India. Journal of Religion and Health. (Published online)
- Vetti Giri., Ambady, K. G., Paily, M. U. (2018). Being facilitator: Fostering intrapersonal intelligence through reflective practices. International Journal of Innovative Research Explorer, 4(5), 265 ‑269.
- Ambady, K. G. & Sherly, M. (2015). Awareness and Attitude of School Teachers on Curriculum Modification for Students with Intellectual Disability in Inclusive Setup. Cognitive Discourses International Multidisciplinary Journal, 2, 2 ‑12.
- Sreedharan, K., Varghese, R., Ambady, K.G., & Thomas, A.P. (2014). Awareness of Health and Ecological Impacts of Pesticide Usage among the Farm Workers of Cardamom Plantations, Southern Western Ghats, Kerala, International Journal of Scientific Research, 6 (3), 160 – 164.
- Ambady, K. G. & Sukumaran, P. S. (2014). Attitude of Tribals of Attappady towards Mental Retardation in Terms of their Awareness level on Mental Retardation. Conflux Journal of Education. April issue. 2347 – 5706
- Ambady, K. G. & Sukumaran, P. S. (2013). Attitude of Tribals of Attappady towards Mental Retardation. Seminar Proceedings of National Seminar conducted by Centre for Disability Studies on the topic Multidisciplinary Approach to Childhood Disability Management. Conducted on December 3 – 4, at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Ambady, K. G. & Sukumaran, P. S. (2013). Awareness of Tribals of Attappady on Mental Retardation. Seminar proceedings of National Seminar conducted by Nirmala Sadan Training College for Special Education on the topic Mental Retardation: Empowering Professionals for Better Service. Conducted on May 20 — 21, at Muvattupuzha.