Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Library Open Source Software
- Library Information and Communication Technology
- Social Work
- Content Management
- Library and Information Science
Abid Fakhre Alam is a part of the University’s Librarian Training programme (on information and knowledge management) associated with the Knowledge Resource Centre(KRC) team.
Before joining us, He has worked with DA-IICT, Gujarat. He has experience in various aspects of library and Information Science Field, like library Information and Communication Technology, Library’s Open Source Software, Infrastructure Management, collection Development, and Administration.
He has a MLISc and BLISc from AMU. He is also a BA (Honours) in Economics and a PGDLIM from Central University of Gujarat.
He was awarded the consolation prize in State level Painting competition by the State Industrial and Agriculture Exhibition Committee and the Second rank by the Cancer Aid Society in National School level Painting Competition and also formed an active social group on WhatsApp as Student Coordinator of the Training and Placement Cell at the DLIS, AMU.
Publications and Writings:
- Abid Fakhre Alam, and Julfikar Ahmed (et.al) “Scholarly Social Networking for Early Career Researcher” published in the proceeding of the International Conference on Knowledge Organisation in academic libraries (i‑koal 2018), Hyderabad, India, 26 – 27 November 2018, ISBN: 9789388342148
- Abid Fakhre Alam, Madesh Gowda, (et.al) “Cloud Computing Infrastructure for Academic Libraries” accepted in 2nd International Conference on Librarianship Development through Internet of Things & Customer Services (LDITCS 2019), GPERI, Mehsana, Gujarat, 6 – 8 February 2019.