The Centre for Sustainable Employment (CSE) at Azim Premji University, aims to generate and support research in the areas of job creation, employment, and sustainable livelihoods. India is facing a severe crisis of employment and livelihoods and the economic growth has failed to generate secure, regular, and decent incomes for the vast majority. There is urgent need for fresh thinking that does not bind itself to any ideological pre-commitment except the right of every Indian to lead a secure, dignified life in a just and sustainable way. This thinking must be both, anchored in the real-world, and imaginative. CSE has been set up to foster fresh and creative thinking on this urgent and complex issue.
Please visit https://cse.azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in for more information about the Centre and its work.
- You will be carrying out research and helping with outreach and operations of the Centre.
- You will be conducting independent research as well as assisting ongoing research projects on various aspects of the Indian economy with a focus on the labour market — in particular issues such as quality of work, job creation, structural change, pro-employment policies, skilling etc.
- You will be communicating the Centre’s work via social media and the website.
- You will be writing policy briefs and op-eds as part of this role.
- PhD in Economics
- Knowledge of statistical software such as STATA or R is required. Familiarity with a programming language such as Python is a plus
- Experience working with economic datasets such as the NSS, IHDS etc. preferred. Familiarity with the principal problems and the structure of the Indian economy is also desired
Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line“Application for Research Fellow – Centre for Sustainable Employment ”
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- A sample of research work
- Names of two referees
- Information Summary Sheet