In this role, you will conduct research as well as work with outreach and operations of the Centre for Sustainable Employment.
You will conduct independent research as well as assist on ongoing research projects on various aspects of the Indian economy, with a focus on particular issues such as quality of work, job creation, structural change, pro-employment policies, and skilling.
You will work closely on communications outreach with the website, social media, and write policy briefs and opinion pieces.
About Centre for Sustainable Employment
We aim to generate and support research in the areas of job creation, employment, and sustainable livelihoods. India is facing a severe crisis of employment and livelihoods and the economic growth has failed to generate secure, regular, and decent incomes for the vast majority. There is urgent need for fresh thinking that does not bind itself to any ideological pre-commitment except the right of every Indian to lead a secure, dignified life in a just and sustainable way. This thinking must be both, anchored in the real-world, and imaginative. We work to foster fresh and creative thinking on this urgent and complex issue
You should have:
- A PhD in Economics. (Candidates who have completed all requirements of their PhD and are awaiting their viva, or those who are waiting for final degree to be awarded will also be considered)
- Knowledge of statistical software such as STATA or R (required), familiarity with a programming language such as Python (desirable).
- Experience working with economic datasets such as the NSS, IHDS (preferred)
- Familiarity with the principal problems and the structure of the Indian economy (desirable).
Please send in:
- A cover letter
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A sample of research work
- Names of two references
- Completed Information Summary Sheet
Please email the above documents to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with ‘Application for Research Fellow – CSE’ as subject line before 31 July 2021.