The Community Engagement Cell’s main objective is to use the knowledge and expertise of the university/field/philanthropy to contribute to improving human conditions and sustainability in the villages around the campus. The CEC works to provide opportunities for students, faculty, and others to contribute and to learn from the community engagements and to build a harmonious relationship between the university and the villages around the campus.
The Program Coordinator for the Community Engagement Cell will be responsible for supervising and monitoring daily operations of all programs in the Community Engagement Cell of the University. The Program Coordinator will work closely with the anchor and core group of the Cell as well as all relevant stakeholders, including Foundation members, students, and community people.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support regular coordination of all the activities undertaken by the cell
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices for University neighbourhood engagements – for everyone involved including Cell members, Foundation members and students
- Monitor project budgets and track expenditures/transactions
- Handle all project related financial administration
- Manage communications through internal communication system, media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external stakeholders
- Keep all members of the team up to date with relevant project information
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Prepare paperwork and order materials required
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals
- Support growth of the Cell and program development
Create presentations, summaries and materials to ensure better communication, institutional memory, and organization-wide understanding of the program.
We are looking for:
- Previous working experience in a similar capacity for 3 year(s)
- Fluency in reading and writing in Kannada and English
- Postgraduate in any discipline
- In-depth knowledge of program management and procedures
- Hands on experience in budgeting, process implementation and reporting
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Eye for detail
- Proactive problem solver
Please email the following documents to <email@example.com> with the subject line ‘Application for Programme Coordinator — Community Engagement Cell’:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Completed Application Form