Azim Premji Foundation has been engaged in Jharkhand through work in strengthening public education, health and philanthropic grants to development sector organisations. The Azim Premji University campus at Ranchi will be operational soon and will offer programmes in Education, Development, Health etc.
One of the key interventions of the Foundation is in local democracy, where it supports partner organisations to deepen and widen local democratic institutions and processes on the ground. In this context, the Foundation will work towards co-developing a targeted capacity-building programme for these partners, elected representatives, and government functionaries.
We are looking for a Programme Coordinator who can steer the capacity-building efforts in Ranchi.
- Working with the partners, elected representatives and government functionaries to design, develop and deliver capacity-building programmes in multiple areas of local democracy.
- Developing appropriate capacity-building modules based on emerging needs.
- Working with the stakeholders to arrange their deliveries, review the efficacy, revise and monitor the progress.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Work, Rural Development, Development Studies or other relevant fields.
- Deep understanding of the conceptual, political and practical issues pertaining to the broad area of local democracy.
- Experience in designing and developing capacity-building training in related areas.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders including the Government.
- Project management and documentation skills.
- Some understanding of the local context of Jharkhand will be useful but not mandatory.
Please email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Programme Coordinator — Ranchi”:
- A short (one-two page note) explaining why you might wish to join the University
- Curriculum Vitae
- One sample of the training module design
- Completed Application form