The University library is part of the Knowledge Management team (KRC) of the Azim Premji Foundation. It functions as a key enabler team to the University.
The objectives of the University library team are :
- Provide integrated knowledge resources needed for teaching, research, practice and institution building for all University members and students.
- Serve as a custodian for all knowledge resources acquired as part of the University assets.
- Create a culture of proactive knowledge seeking by University members and students that fully utilizes offline and online resources available with us and the network of libraries within and outside India.
- Aim to provide excellent knowledge services, wherever possible, to the larger learning community and scholars outside the University through free open access resources and special external memberships to individuals and organizations that work with us.
- Imagine, create and maintain the physical premises of the Knowledge Centre to enable an environment of learning for all our users.
- Ensure that relevant technological advances in knowledge management and library services are integrated in a cost effective manner to support all of the above.
The candidate is expected to provide leadership to the librarians in KRC. You will be working from our integrated Bangalore campus. You will also seed the future Bhopal library team and build their capacity to organize the setup and growth of the library in our Bhopal campus. You will also network with all the Azim Premji Foundation Libraries in our Field Institutes and Schools as well as partner institutions supported by the Philanthropy Initiative to maintain high standards of provisioning knowledge and information services to our users.
- Deep research and operational understanding of knowledge management and library sciences.
- Excellent communication, team spirit and ability to build understanding of library team’s work with the leadership team and all Schools and enablers to the University
- External networking for partnerships, knowledge events, recruitment, technology platforms and collection building
- Ability to network and source updated information on workplans of all teams in the University and match library team strategy to this.
- Continuous mentoring and capacity building of all our Librarians.
- Understanding of socio economic issues and a commitment to the vision of building a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society through knowledge services.
Ph.D. or equivalent in Library Sciences with relevant research publications.
Ten years experience in leading the library team of a reputed research or academic institution in India.
Some relevant exposure or experience in working with voluntary organizations, government and other purely non academic institutions (Desirable)
Please email the following documents to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the subject line“Application for Librarian” :
- A covering letter
- Curriculum Vitae