We seek applications for the project on impact of urban consumption on peri-urban agroecology and livelihoods (part of the consortium project “Ecosystem Services, agricultural diversification, and smallholders’ livelihoods in the rural-urban interface of Bangalore) for the position of junior research fellow.
The project intends to explore the interlinkages between patterns of urban consumption and peri-urban agricultural livelihoods. Using interdisciplinary methods and tools, the project will look at welfare changes in the peri-urban producer communities, in response to urban demand for selected produces. It will also attempt to reveal challenges and constraints faced by producers in responding to consumer demand of various kinds, especially those towards supplying safe and nutritious food and adopting sustainable practices.
It is under the Indo-German collaboration sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Planning and execution of field work
- Travel to field sites and interaction with stakeholders
We are looking for:
- Post Graduate degree (MA or MSc in Sustainability, Ecological Economics, Development, Agricultural/Forest Economics, Agricultural/Forest Extension, Economics, Ecology, Environmental Science and Management and allied subjects) with NET qualification OR Graduate degree in professional course with NET qualification OR Post Graduate degree in a Professional Course
- Excellent Kannada language skills
- Good computer skills
- Prior research/project experience
Appointment will be for 3 (three) years or till the termination of the project, whichever is earlier, and subject to annual review for further extension that will be granted based on the performance and progress.
Please email the following documents to <email@example.com> and <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the subject line ‘Application for SRF/JRF Role’:
- Covering letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two recommendation letters to be sent directly by email