We believe that development education, research and policy draw their strengths from academic studies as well as reflective, on-the-ground practice. Our faculty are from academia as well as the development sector, and engage in collaborative teaching, research, public writing, and policy work.
We are particularly interested in candidates with academic or practice experience in the area of Sociology with field-based research experience preferably in development issues and concerns.
- Advanced degree in Sociology is preferred. Candidates with Post-graduate degree in relevant disciplines are also encouraged to apply.
- An ability for strong empirical research.
- Teaching experience at graduate or postgraduate levels is desirable.
- Willingness to engage with a very diverse and large student body.
- An orientation towards collaborative work.
- The capacity for critical and reflective thought.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Please email the following documents to <email@example.com> with the subject line“Application for Faculty Position in Sociology”:
- Covering letter indicating the subject area of your interest and a professional statement of purpose.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of writing (e.g., academic publications, technical reports, policy brief, analytical case study or others).
- Completed Information Summary Sheet