Azim Premji University is launching an exciting new interdisciplinary major in psychology and cognition focusing on themes like human cognitive development in the life cycle, mental health and well-being, and machine intelligence and learning. We will need faculty from diverse areas such as psychology, neuroscience, and computational approaches to intelligence.
We invite applicants who are interested in designing and developing the Psychology and Cognitive Science curriculum of the Undergraduate Programme.
- An advanced degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, related areas of Computer Science, or a relevant field.
- The ability and interest in teaching and mentoring a diverse body of students.
- The ability to teach a broad range of courses including courses in psychology, neuroscience, and computation.
- The ability to combine insights from psychology, neuroscience, and related areas of computer science, and an interest in the connections between psychology and broader social issues in economics, politics, and education are an advantage.
- Significant experience in teaching is an advantage, but not a necessity.
Please email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line“Application for Faculty Position in Psychology and Cognitive Science”:
- A short (one-two page note) explaining why you might wish to join the University
- Teaching and research statements
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, books or any other)
- Two letters of recommendation to be emailed directly to the above Email ID
- Completed Information Summary Sheet