The university believes that development education, research and policy draw their strengths from academic studies as well as reflective on ground practice. In that spirit, our faculty are drawn from both academia as well as the development sector and engage in collaborative teaching, research, public writing and policy work.
We invite applications for Bangalore and for our upcoming campus in Bhopal.
We are particularly interested in candidates with academic or practice experience in the following thematic areas in rural or urban settings in the Indian context:
- Public health
- Environment and climate change
- Local governance and democracy
- Development theories and histories
- Technology and development
- Social entrepreneurship
- Gender in development
- Adivasi concerns
- Forest rights and forest-based livelihoods
- Development finance and financial inclusion
- Development/NGO management
We are looking for:
- Expertise and experience in at least one of the thematic areas listed above.
- Capacity to be reflective and think critically.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Orientation towards collaborative work.
- Willingness to engage with a very diverse and large student body.
- Experience of ground-up policy development work is desirable.
- For academics, an advanced degree in relevant field.
- For experienced practitioners: On-the-ground experience of at least 10 years and post-graduate degree in any field.
Please email the following documents to <email@example.com>:
- Covering letter indicating the subject area of your interest and a professional statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of writing (e.g. academic publications, technical reports, policy brief, analytical case study or others).
- Completed Information Summary Sheet