We are focused on strengthening our work around the area of climate change. The climate crisis is no longer an abstract future challenge. Its impacts on the world are already clear and stark.
In India, with our natural resources, high population density, and significant potential for future growth, we need to find a way to mitigate the challenges of climate change, and adapt to it. There is no single solution but we need to forge effective responses.
We seek to develop a transdisciplinary, innovative group which brings together elements of research, education and practical application.
We seek applications from motivated candidates, interested in working in an exciting, collaborative environment to address combined issues of research and direct practical relevance.
We encourage faculty, practitioners and postdoctoral researchers from diverse backgrounds to apply. We are looking for professionals with degrees in the natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities, education, engineering, law and management.
We are especially interested in applications in the areas listed below, but also invite applications working on other aspects of climate change.
- Climate science – physics, chemistry and ecology
- Climate energy, engineering and technology
- Climate modelling and scenarios (qualitative and quantitative)
- Climate education, communication, journalism and humanities
- Climate economics, finance and business
- Climate policy, governance and law
- Climate justice and environmental politics
- Climate change and public health
- Environmental science, pollution, and disaster management
- Climate resilient agriculture, forestry and urban planning
- Geospatial data and big data analysis
Please email us the following documents:
- A covering letter indicating the subject area of your interest and professional statement of purpose.
- A short note of one or two pages explaining why you might wish to join the University.
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- Two or three recommendation letters.
- Two samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, books or any other).
Please send in the above documents by e‑mail to <email@example.com>.