We will commence our BSc Honours and BSc & BEd programmes in Chemistry in July 2023.
We are looking for applicants who can participate in teaching the undergraduate level and laboratory courses, curriculum development, and student mentoring. You will have the opportunity to design and teach elective courses in their field of expertise and interest.
We support and encourage research by our faculty members, as well as engagement with public and school education in the sciences.
We are looking expertise in Chemistry in the following areas:
- Organic Chemistry: We are looking for experience in synthesis and reaction mechanisms; experience with green chemistry is desirable.
- Inorganic chemistry: We are looking for experience in synthesis, for example of magnetic materials.
- Analytical Chemistry: A strong understanding and experience in spectroscopy is desirable.
- A PhD in Chemistry, or related fields in the areas of expertise mentioned above.
- Postdoctoral or teaching experience is desirable.
- Strong interests and experience in the following are an added advantage:
- Teaching and pedagogy
- Laboratory work such as designing and creating lab experiments and modules
- Teaching laboratory-based courses.
- An interest in curriculum design is desirable.
Applicants should have a strong interest in liberal undergraduate education.
Send an email to <email@example.com> with the following documents. Ensure the subject line is ‘Faculty position applications for Chemistry — 2021’:
- A covering letter indicating the position.
- A professional statement of teaching philosophy and research interests (in separate documents)
- Curriculum Vitae