Azim Premji University, Bhopal started operations in August 2023, offering postgraduate and undergraduate programs. The first phase of campus construction is complete and the overall 50-acre campus with state-of-the-art academic and residential facilities will be ready over the next few years. We expect to grow to about 4000 students and 500 members over the next few years.
We are expanding our program offerings and are inviting applications for various operational roles at the University. We will offer members an enriching and fulfilling institution building experience with opportunities for setting up and implementation of key institutional processes, culture building and participation in various institutional bodies.
The University is committed to providing an inclusive educational environment for specially abled students. In this role you will work closely with individual students with learning challenges, support faculty and members from other enabling functions to put in place appropriate academic accommodations so that specially abled students can academically engage and succeed in our programmes. You will recommend and/or provide services and accommodations with a wide variety of individual needs, including physical, learning, visual, hearing, psychological, neurological, and speech and language disabilities.
Your primary role will be to support students and faculty in the implementation of appropriate educational programming within an inclusive learning environment.
As part of Student Support:
- You will be assessing students’ skills and determine their educational needs.
- You will be planning activities that are specific to each students’ abilities.
- You will be developing Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and implementing them while tracking the students’ performance throughout the year.
- You will be teaching and mentoring students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- You will be discussing students’ progress with teachers, mentors, counselors, administrators and parents.
- You will also be preparing and helping students transition into a programme and working closely with them as they complete the programme and exit the university.
As part of Faculty Support:
- You will be providing training for faculty, teacher assistants and members in enabling functions who work with specially abled students.
- You will be working with faculty to adapt course content to meet students’ needs and developing different ways to present information in a manner that meets the needs of their students.
- You will be identifying supports and adaptations required for students to access the curriculum and to complete appropriate assessments.
- PhD or Masters in Rehabilitation Sciences, Special Education, Inclusive Education, Social Work, Rehabilitation Psychology or related fields.
- 2+ years work experience in the area of Education, Neurodiversity or working with people with disabilities.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills, patience and resourcefulness are desired.
Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line“Application for Faculty In-charge — Disability Support ”:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two professional letters of reference
- Information Summary Sheet