The role is meant to conduct various research studies that bring out and highlight issues related to healthcare with respect to urban and rural communities.
- Conduct various research studies that bring out and highlight the following indicative themes with respect to urban and rural communities:
- Status of various health parameters and improvement over time
- Current effectiveness and utilisation of the public health system and change over time
- Cost incurred by members of the community in pursuit of healthcare and change over time
- Status of personal determinants and social determinants of health and improvement over time
- Status of various government initiatives meant for bettering health and improvement over time
- Effectiveness of various programs run by the government and the Foundation
- Any other study that is relevant to the overall health of the community
- Document Foundation’s work in health including planning, operating procedures and observations across slum communities in Bangalore, deriving insights and learning from the work.
- Study and document Foundation’s health processes as well as equivalent processes in other organizations (other Foundations, NGOs, government organizations).
- Work with members of the health team to identify specific research problems, formulate research question and design research for community health setting.
- Work in the respective communities and with community health partners to gather primary information, collect and collate data from governmental and non-governmental sources.
- Use qualitative and quantitative frameworks to organize, analyse and interpret the data
- Write regular analytical notes and documentation and prepare and present reports.
- Experience of 4 to 8 years in the space of community health related research.
- Experience in participatory research in health.
- A Master’s degree in social work or public health would be an added advantage.
- Fluency in Kannada and Hindi.
- Ability to work full time & long hours with willingness to travel to multiple locations as required.
- Interest and passion to work in social sector.
- Effective communication skills with community, govt teams and others as required.
Please email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line“Application for Community Health — Research Associate”:
- A covering letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Name, address, email ID with designation of three referees
- Completed Application Form