Communications Specialist – Translations Initiative
We invite applications for the role of Communications Specialist for our Translations Initiative.
The translations team works on translating academic reading and pedagogic material into different languages. We create these translations for the use of teachers and educators in higher education programmes, with a focus on Kannada and Hindi.
A primary part of our work involves translating academic readings and book chapters for Master’s programmes in the fields of Development and Education.
Anuvada Sampada, the University’s translations repository, is a free, open access, online repository of academic resources in Indian languages, to support students and teachers to engage more deeply with concepts and ideas.
We are looking for someone to develop, implement, track, promote, increase, and optimise the reach and use of academic resources uploaded on Anuvada Sampada. The role entails a strong grasp of digital communication tools and the ability to build communities, drive engagement and extend the outreach for Anuvada Sampada across both physical and digital channels to reach students, Teachers, Teacher Educators, members working with schools, research scholars, and academic institutions.
You can read more about the translations Initiative at: https://azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in/translations-initiative
As a Specialist in the Translations Initiative, you will be:
- Spending time to understand the resources developed and uploaded on ‘Anuvada Sampada’.
- Designing plans to disseminate academic resources including periodicals to the right audience via offline and online modes.
- Coordinating with the Communications Team and execute plans for maximum use of digital platforms.
- Sharing academic resources, publications, and articles on social media.
- Building a community of subscribers for each publication and uploading academic resources and promote continuous engagement using mailers and webinars.
- A Post Graduate degree or equivalent and at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience related to the academic aspects of the education system at the School and University level.
- Ability to read and understand educational articles and academic readings in English and Hindi is an essential prerequisite. Knowledge of Kannada would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of database marketing tools and building direct mailer campaigns.
- Understanding of the latest trends and best practices in email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Exposure to the education sector would be an advantage.
Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:“Application for Communications Specialist – Translations Initiative”
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form