This role is part of the Philosophy group of the Undergraduate Programme at the University. This is a 2 year full-time position.
As an Academic Associate in Philosophy you will be:
- Spending significant time helping students in small tutorials in order to improve their reading and writing skills.
- Running tutorials for the Public Reasoning Common Curriculum course.
- Contributing towards the building of a strong Philosophy community through various activities including helping students with running and sustaining a Philosophy Club.
- Advancing your teaching and research skills over the course of two years.
- Receiving support and mentorship from other faculty significant for your growth in teaching and research.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Philosophy
- The ability and interest in tutoring and mentoring a diverse body of students
- The ability to tutor students both in Philosophy and in the Common Curriculum
- Candidates who are motivated and interested in teaching and research are encouraged to apply
Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line“Application for Academic Associate in Philosophy”:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A short (one-two page note) explaining why you might wish to join the University
- One sample of scholarship (articles, essays submitted for coursework, chapters, books or any other)
- Two letters of recommendation emailed directly to the email ID above
- Completed Information Summary Sheet