Academic Associate — Philosophy
We invite applications for the role of Academic Associate in Philosophy for our Undergraduate Programme.
This role is part of the Philosophy group of the Undergraduate Programme at the University. This is a 2 year full-time position.
As an Academic Associate in Philosophy you will be:
- Spending significant time helping students in small tutorials in order to improve their reading and writing skills.
- Running tutorials for the Public Reasoning Common Curriculum course.
- Contributing towards the building of a strong Philosophy community through various activities including helping students with running and sustaining a Philosophy Club.
- Advancing your teaching and research skills over the course of two years.
- Receiving support and mentorship from other faculty significant for your growth in teaching and research.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Philosophy
- The ability and interest in tutoring and mentoring a diverse body of students
- The ability to tutor students both in Philosophy and in the Common Curriculum
- Candidates who are motivated and interested in teaching and research are encouraged to apply
Please email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line“Application for Academic Associate in Philosophy”:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A short (one-two page note) explaining why you might wish to join the University
- One sample of scholarship (articles, essays submitted for coursework, chapters, books or any other)
- Two letters of recommendation emailed directly to the email ID above
- Completed Information Summary Sheet