The appointment will be for a duration of one year, with the possibility of extension of an additional year.
Your primary responsibility will be to work closely with the History faculty in providing academic support to History major students, especially to those who are new in the programme.
- Attend classes for select set courses
- Prepare and read for the courses and tutorials, including inculcating skills for pedagogic practices suited for a diverse student body
- Hold tutorial sessions for students
- Additional student mentoring, as and when required
- Assist History faculty members organize events — seminars, retreats, fieldtrips, outreach, library connect, etc
- In addition to the above, you will have the opportunity to work on your own research interests under supervision of members of the History group
- Masters degree in History, received between 2016 and 2021
- A young and energetic postgraduate, with a broad-based training in the discipline in terms of periods and regions
- Keen interest in working with undergraduate students from diverse educational contexts is a mandatory requirement
Please email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Academic Associate in History”
- An updated CV with the names of two referees
- A short statement outlining your fitness for and interest in the Academic Associate position