Azim Premji University was established in 2010 by the Azim Premji Foundation. The
Foundation has a clear purpose: to contribute to a just, equitable, humane and sustainable
society. The Foundation works extensively with public school systems in many states in
India. The University supports Education and related fields of human development through
its post-graduate programmes of study.
The University offers liberal undergraduate degrees in the Sciences, Mathematics, Economics
and Humanities and post-graduate degrees in the fields of Education, Development, Public
Policy and Law and Development. The University is committed to try and ensure diversity.
The Undergraduate programme aims to prepare and nurture highly motivated, socially
conscious and reflective citizens capable of the autonomous learning that is key to wellbeing.
Thus, the hope is that the graduates of this programme will be educated in the widest sense of
the term, and will strive for both personal achievement in their areas of interest and for
meaningful public engagement.
We invite faculty who resonate with the purpose of the University and are keen to contribute to
the design, development and delivery of the philosophy courses in our Undergraduate programme
to join us as faculty. The programme is residential and the faculty are expected to contribute to
teaching and mentoring students and help build a vibrant community of learning.
Applicants should have:
- Ability and interest in teaching and mentoring a diverse body of students.
- Commitment to the university’s aims of education for public service.
- Ability to teach a broad range of philosophy classes in innovative ways.
- PhD completed, or near completion, in analytic philosophy or a related field.
Candidates with a doctoral degree in analytic philosophy or a related field are encouraged to apply
It would be an advantage for applicants to have:
- Ability to combine analytic and Indian philosophical approaches.
- Interest in the connections between philosophy and broader social issues in
economics, politics, and education.
Significant experience in teaching is an advantage, but not a necessity. Selected applicants
will be mentored to develop their teaching.
- A short (one-two page note) explaining why you might wish to join the University
- Teaching and Research statements.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, books or any other)
- Two letters of recommendation emailed directly to the email id below
- Completed Information Summary Sheet
Click here to download Information Summary Sheet that you can mail in as an attachment. Please
send in the above documents by e-mail to email@example.com
> View Next: Physics