Experienced Development Practitioners
Azim Premji University was established in 2010 by the Azim Premji Foundation. The Foundation works
extensively with the public education system in many states across India, with a clear purpose - to
contribute to a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society. The University is focussed on fields of
education and development through its programmes of study that prepare professionals with
integrity, competence and social commitment. Our research programmes contribute to knowledge
relevant to these fields. The University offers liberal undergraduate degrees in Sciences, Economics,
Humanities, and Teacher Education and post-graduate degrees in the fields of Education,
Development, Public Policy, Economics & Development, and Law & Development.
We invite applications for multiple faculty positions from practitioners who have been
working in various fields of development.
We believe that learnings and experience of development practice at the ground level must be central
to education for development. Thus, the University has faculty members from both backgrounds –
those from academic study of development as well as those from domains of development practice.
In addition to teaching, our faculty are equally engaged with research, public writing, collaborative
action on the ground, and policy development.
We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in the following thematic areas in rural or urban settings.
- Public health
- Environment and climate change
- Local governance and democracy
- Technology and development
- Social entrepreneurship
- Gender in development
- Adivasi concerns
- Forest rights and forest based livelihoods
- Development finance and financial inclusion
- Development/NGO management
Qualifications and Experience
- On-the-ground experience of at least 15 years
- Deep expertise in at least one of the thematic
areas listed above
- Capacity to be reflective and think critically
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Long experience of working collaboratively
- Teaching (including training) experience is
- Experience of ground-up policy development
work is desirable
- Post graduate degree or equivalent in any field
Candidates are requested to send a cover
letter, a professional statement of purpose,
a curriculum vitae, and two samples of
writing (e.g. technical report, policy brief,
analytical case study or others, but not
The documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
> View Next: Economics