Azim Premji University invites applications for Faculty and Post-doctoral positions in the area of Climate Change
Azim Premji University was established in 2010 by the Azim Premji Foundation. The Foundation works extensively with
the public school systems in many states in India, with a clear purpose - to contribute to a just,
equitable, humane and sustainable society. The University supports Education and related fields of
human development through its programmes of study that prepare professionals with integrity,
competence and social commitment. Our research programmes contribute to knowledge relevant to these fields.
The University offers post-graduate degrees in the fields of Education, Development, Public Policy and Law and Development and also an undergraduate degree in the Sciences, Economics and Humanities.
The University is committed to a socio-economically diverse body of students and staff.
As part of a major initiative to strengthen its focus on climate change, Azim Premji University is launching an open call for a range of faculty and postdoctoral positions at diverse levels.
The climate crisis is not an abstract future challenge. On the contrary, its impacts on the world are already clear, visible and stark. India, with its rich natural resources, high population density, and significant potential for future growth, must find a way to address the challenges of climate change mitigation, while simultaneously adapting to the climate crisis. There is no single solution or silver bullet. In order to forge more effective responses, we seek to develop a transdisciplinary,
innovative group which brings together elements of research, education and practical application.
We seek applications from especially motivated candidates, interested in working in an exciting, collaborative environment to address combined issues of research and direct practical relevance. Faculty, practitioners and postdoctoral researchers from diverse backgrounds, with degrees in natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities, education, engineering, law and management, are encouraged to apply. We are especially interested in applications in the areas listed below, but also invite applications working on other aspects of climate change.
- Climate science – physics, chemistry and ecology
- Climate energy, engineering and technology
- Climate modelling and scenarios (qualitative and quantitative)
- Climate education, communication, journalism and humanities
- Climate economics, finance and business
- Climate policy, governance and law
- Climate justice and environmental politics
- Climate change and public health
- Environmental science, pollution, and disaster management
- Climate resilient agriculture, forestry and urban planning
- Geospatial data and big data analysis
Please email us the following documents:
- Covering letter indicating the subject area of your interest and professional statement of purpose.
- A short (one-two page note) explaining why you might wish to join the university
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two or three recommendation letters
- Two samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, books or any other)
Please send in the above documents by e-mail to email@example.com.
> View Next: Experienced Development Practitioners