Academic Associate – Biology
Invitation for application for the position of Academic Associate, Biology,
Location: Azim Premji University, Bangalore
Azim Premji University was established in 2010 by the Azim Premji Foundation. The Foundation works extensively with the public school systems in many states in India, with a clear purpose - to contribute to a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society. The University supports Education and related fields of human development through its programmes of study. The University offers a liberal undergraduate degree in the Sciences, Economics and Humanities and post-graduate degrees in the fields of Education, Development, Public Policy, Economics and Law and Development.
The primary role of an Academic Associate (AA) will be to assist faculty in developing and running labs. The undergraduate programme is fully residential. The AA will serve as an additional resource person that students can contact for any queries, regarding specific lab /field course requirements and procedures. At any given point, multiple courses may be running at the same time and the AA is expected to assist the instructor/lab manager to coordinate these events. A detail of the expected job responsibilities is given below.
- Assist faculty members in preparing and running labs for different courses
- Assist students during the labs
- The AA is encouraged to participate in designing the labs
- Mentor students for course projects
- Since the pedagogical style and content of the courses may be unique, we require AA to sit in on the courses that they are providing technical help with
This position allows the AA to explore innovative pedagogical practices, engage with a socio-economically diverse student cohort, and is suited for someone who is interested in working or pursuing higher studies in the future. Candidates who are motivated and interested in teaching and/or research are encouraged to apply. This is a full time one-year position, with opportunities for a second year renewable upon evaluation.
Open for a candidate with a B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in Biological Sciences or any related discipline. Ph.Ds are not eligible for this position.
Please email us the following documents:
- A cover letter (not as an email) which mentions why you are a suitable candidate for this position and explaining why you wish to join the University
- Curriculum Vitae
- A sample of your writing (a term paper, a blog or any other recent material)
- Provide names of two referees with their contact details
Please send in the above documents by e-mail to email@example.com. by 15th December 2020.
Please mention in the subject line, “Academic Associate applicant - 2020”
Your application will NOT be considered unless all the above documents are provided.
Answers to further questions can be found here
> View Next: Biology