Email: [email protected]
Vikas is a faculty with School of Education at Azim Premji University. Prior to this, he has worked
with NGOs for over five years and with corporate sector for over a decade. Vikas continues to
engage with grass root NGO initiatives in education for the marginalized social groups and with
the public-school system.
- Ph.D. (Education), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- MA (Education), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- PG Diploma in Child Rights Law, National Law School, Bangalore
- PG Diploma in Management, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Political Economy of Education
- Education Policy and School Systems
- Schools and School Systems in India
- ICT in School Education
- Quality Discourses in Education
Areas of Interest
- Political economy of schooling in postcolonial societies particularly the schooling
experiences of marginalised social groups.
- Schooling and wellbeing – Contribution of schooling to promoting good life and good
society in given contexts.
- School Management and Leadership
- Buddhist, Bhakti and Sufi traditions
- Maniar, V. (2019). ICT in schools: Panacea or a pipedream. Technology in Education: Perspectives
and Praxis. L. Devaki (Ed.). Centre for Communication and Development Studies, Pune
- Maniar, V. (2018). Right to Education and Capability Enhancement in Rural South Africa. The Right to
Education Movements and Policies: Promises and Realities, 46.