The Specializations, through Majors, help build disciplinary knowledge and appreciate the excitement of
a subject and its applications. Emphasis will be on active and participative learning. Discussions, research
projects and field visits are an important part of the curriculum.
We help you specialize but in a flexible way:
- Students are required to choose one Major area of disciplinary study.
- Specialisation involve in-depth study of core discipline of their choice
- Students will also have the flexibility to study further related discipline to explore their interest.
All students will obtain 48 credits from specializations. In addition, students (if they meet the norms) can
enroll for an Honours pathway. Successful completion of the Honours pathway requires obtaining an
additional 12 credits including 6 credits from work that leads to a thesis or research project.
The Specialization in Sciences help build disciplinary knowledge and appreciate the excitement of a subject and its applications. Emphasis will be on active and participative learning. Discussions, research projects and field visits are an important part of the curriculum. Students are required to choose Life Sciences or the Physical Sciences for the Science Specialization.
Life Sciences – with courses in Biology, Physics and Chemistry
Physical Sciences – with courses in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry
All students will obtain 53 credits from the Science Specialization.
For the education major, students would develop:
- Educational judgement through perspective courses
- Skills to teach effectively through courses in curriculum and pedagogy
- A thorough grounding in school practice.
With our access to a vast network of schools, students would get rigorous and grounded practical experiences helping them become expert Science Educators.
All students will obtain 52 credits from the Education specialization.