The University has received the formal recognition from NCTE reference numbers F.SRO/NCTE/SRCAPP201630064/M.Ed/KA/2018/96854 and F.SRO/NCTE/SRCAPP201630064/B.Sc.B.Ed/KA/2018-19/96873
In line with the above, relevant information is given below.
- Sanctioned programmes along with annual intake in the institution
|Name of programme
|Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed.
||50 (1 Unit)
||50 (1 Unit)
- Name of faculty and staff in full as mentioned in school certificate along with their qualifications, scale of pay and photograph
Refer Appendix A at the end of page
Name of faculty members who joined or left during the last quarter
Azim Premji University is a composite institution and currently offers four Masters and four Undergraduate programmes. The full list of
faculty members teaching in other programmes including the MA Education programme are available here
No new faculty members have joined during the last quarter (October – December 2017), specific to the Teacher Education programme.
Overall across the University, the following faculty joined during the last quarter
- Nandana Sengupta, PhD, School of Policy and Governance
Name of students admitted during the current session along with qualification, percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and in
the entrance test, if any, date of admission, etc.
- The B.Sc. B.Ed. and M.Ed. programmes will commence from the Academic Year July 2018, only after receiving the Formal Letter
of Recognition, from the Southern Regional Council, NCTE.
- The dates for admission tests, personal interviews and other requirements will be uploaded on the website once the formal
letter of recognition is received from the Southern Regional Council, NCTE
- The list of students admitted with all relevant details will be posted after the admission process is completed.
- Fee charged from students
|Name of programme
||Per semester in Rs.
The University has extensive scholarship through which it ensures that all students who gain admission are able to study irrespective of their
financial circumstances. The scholarships range from 100 %, 70 % and 50 % and are based on the students economic condition
The scholarships cover Tuition Fee, Accommodation and Food charges.
*- The fees need to be approved by the Fee Regulation committee of the University. This will be done after the formal recognition order is
*- The university does not charge any other type of fee or deposits like computer fee, library fee etc.
Available infrastructure facilities
- All classrooms equipped with overhead projector and audio visual aids
- Seminar Hall, Activity Rooms
- Childcare facility
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Language Labs, Curriculum resource centre
- Library (Details in point 7 below)
- Dedicated computer lab with GIS, Statistical and other software
- Fully Wi-Fi enabled campus and residences
- Separate Student Residences for Men and Women
- Dedicated Medical Centre with 24 x 7 ambulance services
- Extensive sports facilities for Outdoor (Cricket, Volleyball, Football, Running tracks) and Indoor games (Basketball, Badminton, Table
- Art and Craft facilities
- Transportation from residence to University
Facilities added during the last quarter
- Educational Dish Channel provided by MHRD–Swayam Prabha
- Tennis Court
- Additional Cafeteria
- Additional Student Residential facility
- High speed internet connection at student residences
Being a composite institution, all facilities added at the University will be available for Teacher Education programmes
Number of books in the library, journals subscribed to and additions, if any, in the last quarter
|Type of Resource
|Booked added during Last Quarter (October - December 2017)
|E- Books Access
|Online Journal Access
|Audio Visual Resources
|Teaching Aids and Kits
|Field Institute Library (Books)
The affidavit with enclosure submitted along with application
Click here for the affidavit submitted along with the application.