The LL.M. in Law and Development seeks bright, motivated students who are interested in the social
context as well as the social impact of the law, and are interested in contributing to development
practices and discourse through the medium of the law. The programme will attract graduates with:
- A Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized degree granting University in India or abroad. As
the Bachelor of Laws is in most cases a non-specialist degree, the LL.M. Programme will be open
to students with diverse interests in law.
- Applicants must clear the entrance examination held by Azim Premji University for the post-
- Motivation for work in government and civil society or an academic career in the law.
- Social awareness and engagement with the role of law in development.
- Proven academic ability and potential.
Early Admission: We have closed the Early round of admissions for LL.M. in Law & Development programme for the year 2020.
Students were selected through the National Entrance Test conducted by Azim Premji University on February 08 2020 and a personal interview.
Regular Admission: University may decide to conduct second round admissions
for LL.M. in Law and Development Programme, provided there are vacant seats available.
The decision on the second round will be taken by the end of June 2020.
Only candidates who are appearing for CLAT or LSAT India 2020 will be eligible to apply.
Candidates, who are shortlisted based on their CLAT / LSAT India scores,
will be called for a personal interview.
Click here and register now to get updates.
Note: Applications of candidates, who are not selected in the Early round of admission will not be
considered again for the Regular round. Such candidates can apply in the next year.
> View Next: Career Pathways