The LL.M. in Law and Development seeks bright, motivated students who are interested in the social
context as well as the social impact of the law, and are interested in contributing to development
practices and discourse through the medium of the law. The programme will attract graduates with:
- A Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized degree granting University in India or abroad. As
the Bachelor of Laws is in most cases a non-specialist degree, the LL.M. Programme will be open
to students with diverse interests in law.
- Applicants must clear the entrance examination held by Azim Premji University for the post-
- Motivation for work in government and civil society or an academic career in the law.
- Social awareness and engagement with the role of law in development.
- Proven academic ability and potential.
Early Admission: Admission for LL.M. programme in the early admissions window is open now.
Students will be shortlisted based on the rank in the National Entrance Test conducted by Azim
Premji University on February 10 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview.
Regular Admission: Applications for the Regular admissions for LL.M. in Law & Development will
be open in April 2019. Only candidates who are appearing for CLAT or LSAT India 2019 will be
eligible to apply. Candidates will be shortlisted based on their CLAT / LSAT India scores and will be
called for a personal interview.
Important Dates for Early Admission
|Key dates – Admissions for Postgraduate Programmes 2019
|Availability of Online Application Forms
|Last date for receipt of completed application form
|National Entrance Test
|Announcement of eligible candidates for personal interview
|Commencement of programme
Candidates should email the screenshots of the CLAT/LSAT result page to firstname.lastname@example.org
> View Next: Career Pathways