Hub For Education Law And Policy (Help)
The Hub for Education Law and Policy (hELP) brings together faculty from diverse disciplines committed to work in the area of education, law and policy in India.
The Hub focuses on research, litigation and policy interventions.
The Hub’s early focus was on interventions related to the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009(RTE). More recently we’ve engaged with the Union National Education policy and the Karnataka Knowledge Commission’s State Education Policy.
Objectives of hELP
- Research and intervention in public education that advances the goals of the University.
- Analysis of the legal framework that governs education n including the RTE Act.
- To participate in governmental and civil society efforts in education, law and policy reform.
- Teacher Management Study- comparative study of policies related to teacher management- (recruitment to retirement) in 3 states.
- Review of MHRD New Education Policy inputs
- Position Papers on Teacher Education, Teacher Accountability and Assessment
- Mid-day meal Study: Nutritional intervention study of Government primary school children in Anekal Block, Karnataka
- RTE Awareness Project: An Overview
- RTE awareness project: learnings from pilot roll-outs & the way forward
- Karnataka Knowledge Commission - State Education Policy Recommendations
- hELP has been an active participant in litigation on the RTE Act at both the Supreme Court of India and the High Court of Karnataka. Our litigation efforts before the Supreme Court have been aimed at sustaining the constitutional validity of the RTE Act in Society for Unaided Private Schools of Rajasthan v Union of India and Anr and Pramati Educational and Cultural Trust v Union of India and Anr. Our efforts at the state level have been directed towards securing the right to education for out of school children in Karnataka and in guiding state policy on minority education institutions.
> View Next: Public Lectures