T V S Sasidhar
Email: [email protected]
Sasidhar is an Assistant Professor in the School of Policy and Governance at Azim Premji University (APU). He holds a Master’s degree in Public Policy from National Law School of India University and Bachelor’s degree in Technology (Electronics and Communication) from JNTU (Hyderabad). Prior to joining APU, he was an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Public Policy at Mount Carmel College (Autonomous), Bengaluru where he developed and taught courses on policy analysis and political communication. During his stint as a political consultant, he gained hands on experience in policy advising and political advocacy. His work included heading a research team that prepared evidence based policy proposals for election manifestos. He believes that policy problem statements are incomplete if the the interplay of political, social and economic is discounted. He is very keen to comprehend the politics of development and always tries to situate public problems within political contexts. Sasidhar’s hobbies include exploring food places, taking up impromptu road trips and watching movies.
- National Eligibility Test – Political Science, University Grants Commission, 2019
- Master of Public Policy, National Law School of India University, 2016
- Bachelor of Technology, JNTU Hyderabad, 2010
Areas of Interest and Expertise:
Policy Agendas and Advocacy, Political Communication, Social and Political Movements, Election Campaigns, Digital Politics
- Published with Pellissery, S. (2018). India as a Post-Colonial Welfare State. Routledge Handbook of the Welfare State, Print ISBN: 9781138631649
- Published with Pellissery, S., Manocha, P., Mukherjee, S., & Kaushik, N. (2015). The Sugarcane Conundrum: Some Policy Recommendations to Avert the Crisis. In Law, (2), 64-67.
- Published with Basu, K., S.Dey Biswas, P. Harish, and M. Lahiri (2016). ‘Is Multi-Party Coalition Government Better for The Protection of Socially Backward Classes in India?’. 2016/109. Helsinki: UNU-WIDER