Email: [email protected]
Ruchi taught at Rishi Valley School in Andhra Pradesh for two years. She anchored a mixed-age-group of children from ages 3 to 8 as class teacher. She also developed and taught curricular units in Environmental Studies at the Grade 2-3 levels to engage with the local community and landscape in socially and ecologically responsible ways.
Ruchi completed her M.Ed from OISE at University of Toronto. Alongside coursework, she interned in a variety of schools across Toronto, working with children of different ages at the primary level. She also worked with some of the University’s outreach programs, such as Primary level Math Camps, Number Buddies (a math program to support Syrian refugee children’s transition into the Canadian school system), and Natural Curiosity (an educator resource that brings powerful ways to engage students in learning about relationship to the natural world through Indigenous approaches).
At Azim Premji University, Ruchi has joined the B.Sc.B.Ed team. She helps coordinate the Internships and Apprenticeships of the program. She also shares Resident Mentor responsibilities.
- Masters in Developmental Psychology and Education – Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, Canada
- Bachelors double major honours in Humanities and Biology – Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
Coordinating the B.Sc.B.Ed Internships and Apprenticeships
Areas of Interest
- Linking Theory and Practice in Teacher Education and Teacher Professional Development
- Environmental Education – cultivating relationship with the natural world and learning from Indigenous approaches and perspectives
- Math Education at the Primary level – the relational-emotional aspect of cognitive development
- Decolonial Pedagogy in Program Planning and Classroom Instruction
Publications and Writings