Dr. Hemalatha M has joined Azim Premji University’s School of Arts and Sciences recently. She started her career as a
teacher educator in K.S.E.F College of Education, Tumkuru. Over a span of 36 years at the same
institution, she went on to become a Reader, Professor of Education and Principal. She also served in
various roles at Tumkur University such as Dean Faculty of Education, Syndicate member, Academic
council member, Visiting Faculty for M.Ed course, Chairman for Coordination Committee of B.Ed
course, Chief Superintendant of B.Ed cluster Examination, member and chairperson of local
inspection committee etc. She also had the privilege of serving as acting Vice chancellor of Tumkur
university. She has also worked as visiting team member of inspection at National Council of Teacher
Education, member, Board of Studies at Kuvempu University, member Board of Examination at
RIMSE B.Ed college, Mysuru and also the chairperson for developing two year B.Ed curriculum for
RIMSE B.Ed College, Mysuru. She has obtained her Doctorate Degree from Bangalore University in
the field of Educational Psychology. She is interested in creative teaching techniques and is a
recipient of NCERT National award for her innovative work in teaching English. She has served as an
academic counsellor in Indira Gandhi National Open University for a decade. Currently, she is a
resource person in the teaching of English and has conducted more than 100 orientation classes in
Proficiency course in English in Karnataka. Prior to joining Azim Premji University, she was a senior faculty member at
Academy for Creative Teaching, Bangalore.
- Master of Education
- M.A in English
- M.Phil in Education
- Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching English
- Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching English(CIEFL)
- Proficiency in teaching English.
- Pedagogy of Teaching English.
- Training teachers in different Creative teaching techniques and creative assessment
- Educational psychology.
Areas of Interest
- Empowering teachers in their teaching skills.
- Interested in learning new trends and techniques in teaching and learning.
- Taking projects in the field if Education.
- Curriculum development for B.Ed.
Developing modules in teaching of English.
Publications and Writings
- Home Management Scale Published by Psychology lab.
- Ph.D thesis of Doctoral Degree.
- Blended learning in English Classrooms.