Divakaran is interested in both pure and applied geometry and topology. He has broadly worked in three areas - metric geometry and its applications to geometric topology, the structure of the space of functions between products of Riemann surfaces, and evaluation and construction of samples for Monte-Carlo integration.
for his personal website.
- Integrated PhD, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (2014)
- BSc, Fergusson College, Pune (2007)
Areas of Interest
Research in pure and applied geometry and topology, Mathematics education.
Metric geometry, Riemann surfaces, Monty-Carlo integration, Persistence homology
Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
- Gautam Bharali, Indranil Biswas, Divakaran Divakaran, Jaikrishnan Janardhanan. Proper holomorphic mappings onto symmetric products of a Riemann surface. Doc. Math., 2018.
- Divakaran Divakaran Jaikrishnan Janardhanan. Finiteness theorems for holomorphic mapping from products of hyperbolic Riemann surfaces, Int. J. Math. 28, 1750060 (2017) [12 pages]
- Divakaran Divakaran, Siddhartha Gadgil. Compactness theorems for the spaces of distance measure spaces and Riemann surface laminations, arXiv:1510.05777
- Divakaran Divakaran, Alexandros Keros, Kartic Subr. Jittering Samples using a k-d Tree Stratification
- Divakaran Divakaran and Dheeraj Kulkarni. On the existence of non-trivial laminations in CP2