Arjita has a background in economics. Her research interest involves around food, nutrition, and gender economics.
She started her career by teaching at Delhi University. Before joining Azim Premji University, she was teaching as Assistant Professor at the Delhi School of economics. She was involved in teaching the course on Statistics and Econometrics and the course on Economic Development, and Policy in India.
She is finishing her PhD from Jawaharlal Nehru University and has a MPhil degree from Jawaharlal University.
- Currently doing PhD in Economics from Jawaharlal Nehru
- MPhil in Economics from Jawaharlal Nehru university
- Masters in Economics from B.R Ambedkar University
- Bachelors in Economics from Hindu College, Delhi University
- Causal and Inferential methods
- State Market and economy
- Food Economics
- Gender Economics
- Agricultural Economics
- Labour Economics
Publications and conference papers
- Land Acquisition and Growth: A New Perspective, International education and research, Vol 3(5).
- Intrahousehold allocation and food security (2017), DAAD conference on Comparative Economic Development studies, JNU, New Delhi.
- Food Subsidies and Nutritional Status: Evidence from ICRISAT data, 2016 Annual Meeting of Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, July-August, Boston, Massachusetts, 235670.
- Political Economy of Labour Laws in India, Indian Society of Labour Economics, IIT Guwahati.