About the Programme
What is a University education for? Is it only intended to create expertise to find a good job? At
Azim Premji University we think that education should give you this, and also much more. Education
should help you become a critical and independent thinker capable of navigating the complex
professional, personal and social challenges that lie ahead.
The Undergraduate Programme at Azim Premji University is unique. It focuses on building critical
foundational capabilities through the Common curriculum, disciplinary depth and a broader
interdisciplinary engagement. The common curriculum includes critical thinking, public reasoning,
academic writing and Understanding India components. Faculty members come with a mix of teaching,
research and field experience and follow innovative teaching-learning methods that bring out the best
Click here to know about our Postgraduate programmes
Our Undergraduate programme is an excellent opportunity for students completing their 12th grade who are looking to expand their horizons in higher education and employment. The programme is conceived as an educational experience that prepares reflective citizens, capable of meaningful engagement in work and in society.
Who can apply?
- Class 12 / Pre-University certificate from any recognized Indian Board or any valid international certificate equivalent to the Class 12 with a minimum of 50% marks
- Applicants appearing for their final examinations by June 2019 are eligible to apply. Applicants who have completed their Class 12 / Pre-University board examination in 2018 are also eligible to apply
Click here to know more about Eligibility
The selection process for the Undergraduate Programmes includes an National Entrance Test and a personal interview for the shortlisted candidates.
Click here to know more about selection process.
Our Faculty is experienced and competent, meeting high standards of teaching and research. They are
committed to go beyond contributing to students’ academic success, enabling them to develop as a
successful and responsible citizen of the world. Click here for Faculty Profile.
Vibrant Student Life
Our diverse student population and residential nature of the programme has created a vibrant community
life for our students. Clubs, committees, sports and other initiatives ensure that the learning is not limited
just to the class room.
Azim Premji University has an explicit commitment towards supporting students from disadvantaged
backgrounds. We provide financial assistance for deserving students to pursue their education with us.
We offer need based scholarship (both full and partial) and facilitate education loans for students.
Comprehensive Student Support
We are committed to investing time and resources to ensure overall student well-being. We do this in
High Faculty – student ratio
Opportunities for research
Tutoring and mentoring
A world of possibilities - Our graduates can explore varied opportunities in both employment and
higher education. Whether in business, the social sector, teaching or entrepreneurship, our
graduates will benefit from an education that nurtures fundamental capabilities along with deep
disciplinary knowledge. We also foresee students continuing to pursue higher studies either at Azim
Premji University or elsewhere.
Our first batch graduated in May 2018 with their first degrees in Biology, Physics, Economics and Humanities. Some of them also pursued an honours degree.
They have taken up interesting avenues for their future career / academic paths as below
- Pursue Postgraduation or Integrated-Doctoral programmes in their disciplinary areas in institutes like National Center for Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology, Indian Association for Cultivation of Science, Central Universities (India), Erasmus University Rotterdam (Netherlands) etc.
- Higher studies leading to a Postgraduate degree or diploma in inter-disciplinary areas like Development Studies, Development Economics, Social Anthropology, Public Policy, Education, Media, Journalism, Conservation Biology, NeuroScience, Biotechnology, Genetics, Environmental Studies etc at TISS, Azim Premji University, Salim Ali Center for Ornithology and Natural History, Center for Human Genetics, SOAS London, University of Göttingen, Germany, Centre for Research and Interdisciplinarity (CRI), Paris, France
- Pursue fellowship programmes like Teach for India, Campus Associateship with Azim Premji Foundation and others. Working with organisations focusing in the areas of Education, Sustainability – ASER, Daily dump and others.
Click here to know more
Fees and Financial Aid
The estimated fee for the 3year and the 4 year programme comes to approximately Rs.2,86,000.p.a.
Fee structure is as below:-
|CATEGORY OF FEE*
||(IN RUPEES)Per annum
||Estimates at Rs. 50,000**
**Charges for food may undergo a revision on quarterly basis.
*The above fee structure is applicable for students whose family income is Rs.12 lakhs or
above per annum. Students with family income below Rs.12 lakhs will be considered for
scholarships in the form of fee waiver. The University reserves the right to award or reject financial
assistance and its decision will be final and binding.
We believe that nobody should be denied admissions because of financial constraints.
We provide extensive financial assistance for deserving students through full and part
scholarships covering tuition fees and accommodation and food charges.
Types of Scholarship
- Full or partial waiver of Tuition fee and Accommodation and Food charges.
- 100% waiver on Tuition fee waiver for 4th year (Dual-degree Programme) irrespective of their
annual family income.
Click here for more details on need based scholarships
For admissions - 2020, please register here. we will keep you informed when application forms are open for Early Admissions -2020. We will also be sending you interesting articles by our faculty members and inviting you for our Webinars and Telecon sessions with our Admission counsellors and Faculty.
Meet us at the Office of Admissions at our Electronics City Campus and understand more about our Academic Programmes.
Schedule your Visit by filling the form here.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any query. You can also call us on our toll free helpline: 1800 843 2001