- The Indian Supreme Court by the Numbers, LGDI Working Paper No 2012-2, Nicholas Robinson
- Nagaland’s Demographic Somersault, LGI Working Paper No 2012-1, Ankush Agrawal and Vikas Kumar
- “The Lokpal Bill:What can we learn from the Karnataka Lokayukta’s performance”, LGI Working Paper No 2011-1, Narayana A, Sudhir Krishnaswamy and Vikas Kumar
Contributions to Books
- Prosecuting Corruption in India: Evidence from Karnataka – Babu P. G., Vikas Kumar and Poonam Mehra, Oxford University Press, 2012
- Prafull Goradia v. Union of India, Journal of Indial Law and Soceity, Volume 3 (Monsoon), pg 337, Manavi Belgaumkar and Sudhir Krishnaswamy
- Healthcare Law in the US and the RTE in India- Steps toward Universal Provision of Social Goods, Economic and Political Weekly, September 1, 2012, Vol XLVII No 35, Sudhir Krishnaswamy and Arjun Jayadev
- Lokpal Bill: Lessons from the Karnataka Lokayukta’s Performance, Economic and Political Weekly, January 7, 2012, Vol XLVII No. 1, Narayana A, Sudhir Krishnaswamy and Vikas Kumar
- Why the Supreme Court is not the Bulwark of the Constitution it is made out to be, Economic Times, January 3, 2013, Sudhir Krishnaswamy and Abhayraj Naik
- Understanding the Supreme Court of India: The Tale of the Tape, Prajavani, December 31, 2012, Sudhir Krishnaswamy and Abhayraj Naik
- Micro-managing the Odds, The Hindu, November 21, 2012, Srikrishna Ayyangar
- Number games in Nagaland, The Hindu, July 12, 2012, Ankush Agarwal and Vikas Kumar
- Lessons for Lokpal, from Lokayukta, The Indian Express, December 22, 2011, Narayana A, Sudhir Krishnaswamy and Vikas Kumar
- RTE must be extended to minority schools also, The Deccan Chronicle April 29, 2012, Sudhir Krishnaswamy and Varsha Iyengar
- Sudhir Krishnaswamy gave a talk on Law and Development at the Summer School in Development Economics on July 10, 2012
- Tasneem Deo presented the initiative’s ongoing work on crime and women relying on NCRB crime records and NSSO data on social demographics to try and overlay social demographics over crime data to see what story the society tells us about crime, as part of the panel on Criminal Justice Reforms at the said conference on May 19, 2012.
- Vikas Kumar presented the initiative’s ongoing work as a working paper entitled ‘An Attempt to Understand Pendency in India’s Supreme Court’, as part of the panel on Civil Justice Reforms at the conference on May 19, 2012.
- Sudhir Krishnaswamy gave a talk as part of the opening panel of the First Azim Premji University International Conference on Law, Governance & Development on May 18, 2012.
- Manavi Belgaumkar presented the initiative’s current study of the Bangalore Mediation Center as part of the panel on Alternative Dispute Resolution at the conference on May 18, 2012.
- Vikas Kumar gave a talk entitled ‘Winning Census: The Political Economy of Nagaland’s Demographis Somersault’ at Azim Premji University on February 28, 2012.
- Sudhir Krishnaswamy made a presentation on “Reservation in Public Employment: Evidence from Karnataka” at Azim Premji University on January 24, 2012 .
- IIMB’s Centre for Public Policy hosted the Sixth Annual International Conference on Public Policy and Management between December 28 and 30, 2011.This year’s conference focused on the theme of “Strengthening Institutions, Enhancing Governance” and involved panel discussions and special sessions with invited speakers from across India and abroad. Sudhir Krishnaswamy chaired a panel on Law and Governance titled ‘Assessing Institutional Performance: Empirical Methods’ at this conference. Vikas Kumar, Srijoni Sen, Narayana A, and Manavi Belgaumkar were part of this 7 member panel.
- A panel discussion entitled “Public Policy, Governance and Accountability” was held on November 9, 2012. The speakers were Yamini Aiyer, Sona Mitra and Sudhirender Sharma. The panel was introduced by Srikrishna Ayyangar.
- A panel discussion entitled “Right to Education or Right to School” was held on May 29, 2012. The speakers on this panel were Jayna Kothari, Shashi Rao and Archana Mehendale. The panel was chaired by Sudhir Krishnaswamy.
- A panel discussion entitled “Role of Universities in encouraging better research and deeper knowledge through open source” was held on January 18, 2012. The speakers on this panel were- Lawrence Liang, Sunil Abraham and Rajesh Kasturirangan. The panel was chaired by Sudhir Krishnaswamy.